Members, Keith and Jill, representing IFF on their trip to Belize!
Have you gotten your Idaho Fitness Factory apparel yet?
We have new styles of t-shirts, tank tops, hoodies and hats!
Get yours today!
Hex bars may look strange and bulky, but the benefits of a hex bar will far outweigh any doubts you might have.
Hex bars are modified barbells, with open hexagonal centers where you stand in the middle, housing handles on each side.
They allow you to do deadlifts and squats, exercises you may not be able to do otherwise, due to the ergonomics of a standard barbell or different types of injuries.
Hex bars let people with back problems perform squats without putting strain on the back and shoulders.
Because hex bar squats use the same motion as standard barbell squats, they activate the same muscle groups.
The hex bar's design forces you to step inside it rather than behind it.
This significantly reduces the amount of sheer force on the spine when performing certain movements.
Brian says he likes to use the pec fly for a great warm- up or burn out for any chest workout. "It offers a great stretch and hold contraction on the chest".
What Muscles Does the Pec Fly Machine Work?
The machine emphasizes your pectoralis major muscle, the broad muscle of the chest, as well as a few helper muscles. It has minimal reach when it comes to muscle activation, though, as it's an isolatio
n exercise, activating just one joint.
1. Using a smith machine, lower the bar so that when you're standing next to it, it's about knee height.
2. Place your hands on the bar, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, and then step your feet back so that your body is in a plank position. Your arms should be perpendicular to your body. This will be your starting position.
3. Keeping your back flat and abs braced, lower yourself down by flexing your elbows so that your chest nearly touches the bar.
Simply toast your bread; you can use any kind of toast or sliced bread you have but I like to use whole grain.
Next, mash an avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Then spread the mixture on the toast.
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients in avocado:
I love using a 1-to-10 scale. It’s a fast way to get a read on just about anything, and exercise is no exception. During appointments with clients, I use a 1-to-10 scale to check effort and intensity throughout all parts of the workout.
The rating scale on a strength move goes like this:
1-2: Very easy; don’t really feel it.
3-4: Feels good; I could do this for a while.
5-6: Feeling it start to burn.
7-8: It is burning at an increasing rate.
9-10: It is very intense, with a deep burn; I’m not sure how much more I can do.
No measuring necessary for these cookies, just throw the ingredients into a bowl and tweak each amount until you have a good, thick cookie consistency. Roll into balls and bake at 350 for about 8 mins and enjoy 2 after dinner for a guilt-free treat!
1 mashed banana
About 1 tbsp coconut oil
1 scoop powdered peanut butter
A scoop of real peanut butter
Pinch of coconut sugar
1-2 cups Oat/whole wheat/almond flour (your choice)
Pinch of salt
Having a properly functioning metabolism is the key to weight loss, if you are working out and eating properly and things aren't budging the way you'd like check these 4 tips below
1. WATER WATER WATER. Staying hydrated is so important for literally every bodily function, and metabolism is high on the list. Drink half your body weight in ounces every single day
2. More protein and vegetables, less processed foods. Its simple, eat REAL food that your body can break down easily and use for energy, muscle recovery, and healing itself. If your body is too busy working overtime on digesting junk 'food' it is going to put the metabolism on the back burner
3. Strength Train. The more muscle mass you have on your body, the more calories your body will burn just sitting around. Score!